2.13.2010

Seeking: Social Media Mentor

There are 85 individuals who have signed on as Humber PR social media mentors including, David Jones, Deborah Weinstein and Bob Pickard. Yet there are still two or three industry professionals who I believe are the best in the industry and align with my interests and career goals.


The Humber College PR certificate program has presented me with numerous challenges. The results have included treating my CP Style Guide as a bible and making me a Twitter-hater turned addict. Although the recent task of finding a professional PR mentor for my social media class has perhaps, been the most noteworthy.


I have particular interest in connecting the with top public relations professionals in the music industry, CSR and social welfare. The selected mentor would only have to contribute 20 to 60 minutes of their time over the course of the semester, and the entire interaction could be done online or over the phone.


I know I will find a mentor who is right for me. I have learned so much from following them on Twitter already and am eager to develop a closer affiliation in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment